Monday 5 March 2007

I shall sing the praises of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.


I decided to splurge and get some Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel by Ranger. I have the awesome book "Artist Trading Card Workshop" by Bernie Berlin. A few of the techiniques described include using this stuff.


Well, i'm a pretty timid person, when it comes to trying new things- I just get crushed when I try something new and it turns out looking poopy. I'm the type of person who will buy a bunch of art supplies, only to have them sit there in the bag for 2 weeks while I walk by, wishing I had the nerve to dive right in. (A few things I bought last week never even made it out of the trunk of the car. Har Har!)


Many times I have to just barge ahead, ignoring the "committee" in my head that tries to stop me. (Uh, yes, i'm using art as therapy...)


But anyway, I love the way this came out. I hope the glassy effect is obvious. The bottom got smeared, but that ended up being one of those happy accidents. In fact, I got a paper towel and smeared even more away, creating a fade effect. So what I have here is a background that I like so much, I almost don't want to put anything on it. But I will of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment