Monday 26 February 2007

Recovering What I Once Abandoned


Once upon a time, I was a child artist. My life revolved around making beautiful pictures, collages, and poetry. Then I allowed myself to be derailed by ugliness, and the ugliness of those around me. I suppose this happens to most people in some fashion.


After many years of dead creativity, I have found the spark of art that I have never allowed to be extinguished. Now I am caring for it, feeding it, and I feel that someday it will again be a blaze.
The freeing atmosphere of altered art, assemblage, and collage that is so abundant these days, seems the perfect thing for me, so natural.
There is much use of archetypal words and images in this sort of art, like signposts for our imagination. Words like "dream", "fly", "imagine", and "escape" are comforting and appropriate.
The above ATC was made with an image from Tallulah's, Cherry Pie art stamps, Tuscan Rose stamps, Colorbox petal point ink, and Perfect pearls by Ranger. It's finished off with an organza ribbon. There are quite a few mistakes on it- I didn't cut the stamp properly, and that made an overstamp- but hey, I like it. hehe. Not that i'm partial or anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment